Monday, January 29, 2007

Toddler Mania



One adult pleasure sim verse 7 toddlers.
They arrive at their new home. Items are added that please the toddlers.
The adult sim has a want to meet a new sim.
After that, she quickly tries to get all the toddlers onto the potty before they mess themselves.
The ones waiting their turn, play with toys.
The guest sets and plays with a toddler. Otherwise, he is just in the way.
The adult sim continues to put toddlers on the potty chair. She manages to get all but one to the potty before its to late.
Nap time. All the toddlers are put to bed. (So far, things are going smoothly. Toddler are in good shape and so is the adult.)
While the toddlers nap, she empties the potty chair. She takes out the first toddler and starts to make smart milk. A pile of smart milk bottles are on the floor awaiting the hungry, just rested toddlers.
Toddlers are waking up and waiting to be let out of their cribs.
This little one has just learned to talk with the help of smart milk. Behind her is a passed out toddler and another one getting her diaper changed. Things are getting a little crazy. It takes everything the adult has to get all the toddlers taken care of. I have the Uni Dorm door placed between the two cribs on the lower left. I kept the toilet and fridge behind that locked door or in the sims backpack. My main goal with the floor plan was to keep it as small as possible.
Across the top from left to right. Between each set of two cribs (toddler rooms) I placed a working area. The first one has the counter for the smart milk. The next is a changing table and the last is a bath tub. The potty chairs line the outer wall with the toys in the middle.

In this shot, I made the toddler rooms larger. When the adult would take the toddlers out of the crib, she would leave the room and then walk around a tad before finding a place to set the toddler down. It took to much time. So I increased the size of the room in hopes she would just put them down in that room. I tweaked it and finally found a size that worked. The square footage of the house remains the same.

Taking care of the toddlers got very crazy. I found visitors to get in the way more than help so didn't bother with them. In other attempts I called the nanny. She was basically useless. She would stand in the corner and do nothing. So I ended up getting my adult sim out of bed and doing the work herself. So with this attempt I didn't use any nannys. Just kept refreshing the adults needs and taking that deduction. Even with not having to worry about the adult sim needs, it is still a very difficult challenge.


The first toddler grows up well.

Once they start to age up, they start popping up all over the place. I'm glad the rule about aging up well is based on the memory marker and not actually "seeing" them age up.

Three of the toddlers were in their crib when 6 pm came and went. *TIP* This is how I managed three age up in platinum. As the adult sim lets the toddler out, she tickles, talks, and snuggles them. For some of them, that was enough to put them back in platinum. I would also try to squeeze in one more toddler skill point. It worked on two of them. So that was an extra 6 points for toddler skills. *end of tip*
This little one learned to talk. His other needs were high enough to allow this to continue. One toddlers bladder was to low and he left the training. As soon as he left, he grew up. Oh well, if I try again, I may try to plan this time a little better.

This little girl learned to walk before she aged up.


Final picture of the house floor plan. I moved half of the potty chairs outside. You would think once the toddlers are potty trained life would be easier for the adult sim. Maybe, maybe not. I caught several toddlers going from one potty chair to the next. Their bladder was full but they had another need that was low, so they wouldn't stay on the potty chair until they were done. So they would cancel out, then go to another one. This meant MORE potty chairs to empty. All the dirty potty chairs was causing low environment scores. The adult would complain instead of just cleaning them out. Having half in and half outside, really helped.


Grow up well: +3 pt x 7 = 21 points

Toddler skills: +3 pt x 11= 33 points

Skill points (charisma) +0.5 pt x 37= 18.5

Age in Plat: +3 pt x 3 = 9

Total: 81.5 points


Adult sims needs Maxed: -2 pt x 5 = -10 pt

End Total: 71.5 points

Here is the memories for the adult sim.

**NEXT SHOTS are based on a TIP**

Did you happen to notice any pet bowls in any of the shots? Did you wonder why they were there since the house didn't have any pets? Take a look at the next shots for the answer.





These two pictures are of toddlers from previous attempts. The only bottles the toddlers drank were smart milk. Other than that, they had a very nice diet of pet food. When you watch the toddlers at the pet bowl, it looks as if they are just tossing the food around. If you watch their needs, you see their hunger bar go up. I'm not sure if this actually helped. But it did get rid of the endless spoiled bottles on the floor. I also learned that the maid will throw away the used bottles.

3 Comments:

Blogger Simsation said...

Very nice. I had my house setup almost exactly the same except I have to play it again. The only pics I got were of them first going into the house and then again when they grew up. I panic too easily and forget to take pics. lol

I love the pictures to show off their skills. I still haven't tried it with smart milk, I really need to.

You know how you hate it when rules are changed later on and never actually added to the main rules? Yeah, um, pet food was ruled out in a thread either on BBS or TS2Challenges. That's okay though, you still got a great score!

6:02 AM  
Blogger javajan32 said...

ROFL about the pet bowl change. Well, I was playing by the rules posted at TS2Challenges. No mention about food bowl or uni door. So they are fair game as far as I'm concerned. When I was using them, I expected one or both would be against a rule posted at some unknown (to me) place. ROFL - figures.

I'm not sure the food bowls save that much time. You still have to clean the bowls and fill the bowls. Its a difficult challenge no matter how you play it. Smart milk is the only way to really score high on it.

If I attempt it again, I'd probably do it without the pet food bowls. I don't think they helped that much anyway. (snicker) I love watching the toddlers eat out of them.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Roo said...

Nice score and OMG you let them eat dog food! Yes I saw the bowls and wondered if that was your intent. I just have to say.. EW! *giggle*
Well done, I tried this only once and he never got smart milk. I'm so jealous!! And clever woman about half of them outside. My guy whined constantly about the filth. Thanks for the tips!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free counter with statistics